I had loved part 1, like absolutely loved it. Po, the noodle eating Panda, has been my favorite ever since. So much so, that I actually bought the McDonalds family meal so I could get the miniature Po. Yeah, I am a little mad like that.
So, obviously, I had to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 as soon as it had released, and I did so last night. And needless to say, I loved the movie. Not as much as the first one, but nevertheless, loved it.
I don’t usually do movie reviews, but this time I will jot done some points without giving away the story.
– Po is as delightful as ever. His simplicity and his limitations have a very real feel to them.
– This is not just a kid movie. Of course, the kids will enjoy it, but so will adults.
– The movie has a very simple life message too – ‘Find your inner peace’ and see everything fall in perspective.
– Take your kids to watch this movie, but keep in mind that the movie is for about 90 mins and only you will know if your child will be comfortable sitting for 90 mins.
– My fav scenes were the ones between Po and his father. Cute, touching and so very meaningful (yeah, trust me to find meaning in animated kids movie!)
All in all, it’s a must one time watch for the cuteness of Po, the straightforwardness of the plot and the feel good factor of good winning over the evil!