Earlier this month, my darling Monika gave me 2 awards and I kept the announcement part of them for a day when I was clueless on what to post, ah, I do plan you see. So thank you my lady for these awards, they have come after a while and I love them.
The first is the Versatile Blogger award – accepted gracefully and passed on to the crazy team of NaBloPoMo. Rules say I have to state some random facts about me, so here they are:
- I shampoo my hair every day, no exceptions here.
- I don’t like lending books. You can have my clothes, even my shoes. But please don’t ask for my books.
- Whenever I see a low flying aircraft the first thought that comes to my mind is that it is going to hit a skyscraper.
- I can listen to the same song in a loop for days together and not get bored.
- I have to know where Aman is at any point of time. Don’t confuse this with being possessive or nagging. I just need to know where geographically he is. Else I get very restless.
The second one is the Lovely Blogger award. And I pass this to Dipika(Mumbai Diva), Supriya and Chandni. I am digressing from the rules here, and creating my own new rules. It’s simple – list down the last 5 compliments you received.
- My HR manager in office told me this morning that I have lovely eyes and it looks like I am wearing mascara all the time.
- I met an old Chinese woman in the office lift and she started talking to me. While exiting the lift she turned around and told me “you are really beautiful”
- This morning Aman told me that I smelled very nice. It was the combination of my new shower gel and body butter (curtsey – Body Shop)
- Yesterday a fellow blogger left a comment on my blog – “Hi Iya, loved each post of yours in this blog marathon. Keep it up dear.. l wish I could write like you..”
- Yesterday I was talking to a friend about buying a kindle and she said that she didn’t associate me with a gadget like Kindle. She thinks that I am the kind who loves to hold her books and the feel of it. I have never told this to her in as many words. So this is the impression she has of me, and this surely is a compliment.
I also got awarded on IHM’s blog – The Prestigious Yellow Polka Dotted Cup and this one I don’t have to pass around!